Wednesday, November 05, 2014

New visitors


Have been more offline in the past few weeks to enjoy the last sunny days of the year.
Since 2 weeks I could welcome some new visitors on my balcony.



The robin (Erithacus rubecula:) shows up several times a day, picks some crushed cashew bits from the feeder and pleases me with its beautiful songs.



Few days back 5 or 6 of these were swiftly searching my balcony tree for bugs or other insects.
I didn't know them before, so I looked up The International Bird Collection - a great source for anything about birds. There I found out these are Long-tailed Tits (Aegithalos caudatus). I couldn't get any good photos, because of  dim light of a rainy afternoon.
Therefore I've taken the following photos from the IBC site, with links added to their original source and credits to their creators.
Photo: Denis Alexander Torres

Photo: Jordi Sargatal

Photo: Kostya Pazyuk

No comments:

Post a Comment