Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Life On Mars

As I've seen on the documentary channels, Earth's most renowned scientists are sending robot vehicles to Mars. Not just only for research, to find out more about that red planet. From what I've heard, they're also busy with the question if human life would be possible up there, and, if not, whether they could generate earth-like life conditions - at least in some big biosphere buildings or something. The simple and obviously serious idea behind this: Continuous exploitation of Earth resources will end in severe damage of the planet some day, so let's look already for another one to be colonized.
Now, this is a bit scaring, because further destruction of this planet seems out of question and almost inevitable for some of these science guys, while looking for solutions to make a far away dust ball habitable is a highly interesting challenge. Brilliant. So, finally I got convinced and decided to fire my own lander device up - I called it "Elephantosity" - just to find me a nice place to settle down and live my life in peace then ...



A few days ago it send me first picures.
"Elephantosity" landed near "Galaxias Chaos" in November 2012, but there was so much of this red dust everywhere that I gave remote commands to look for some other spot.




I got no new messages then for the whole December, but from the transmitted logs I could see it was crawling around here and there ... I was happy, because it was still in exploration mode and looking for something.




Then yesterday my monitor suddenly popped me a message and "Elephantosity" send this snapshot from "Hyperboreus Labyrinthus" area:



In the zoom view it shows the shape of a gull-like life form, - which could clearly indicate the existence of a sea in the local environment - thus: water as a basic element of all life!


Not such a bad start, but if I had to leave Earth I'd need a bit more than this.



Anyway, I gave "Elephantosity" new commands to find at least something like a beach. And if there's more breaking news, I'll post the latest updates here.
...

News update Jan. 2013: The U.S. will not build a "Death Star" - not very Mars related, but hey!
...

News Update 2013-01-30
While I was asked for it: No, at the moment we cannot seriously talk about booking rides, except tickets will cost around three thrillion Mars Dollars - we already planned a new currency that sounds much big and impressive.

Today I was casting for a trustworthy co-pilot for our trip. In the tests the first candidate didn't make it too far, because we forgot getting a fully functional space suit for him.

 
So, for the other one we had to get some fashionable space wear then. Look:


As Earth life conditions are getting worse every day, stay tuned for more exciting news.




9 comments:

  1. http://i.imgur.com/2wf5x.gif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That White Russian will soon be some Kahlua butter. With separated Vodka, I guess. That gif is fuckin A! ... and the dude abides.

      Delete
  2. Can we already book for a flight here?
    http://15.media.tumblr.com/64WqDghc1maf39deI4OWUTZYo1_500.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WTF? Why do I get so many alcohol reaction images on this?

      Delete
    2. I don´t know...
      http://25.media.tumblr.com/cb4f5e3f0688703247fab291afe439b0/tumblr_mh3qzo7DW51rpj04no1_500.gif

      Delete
  3. http://kiwi6.com/file/3ktepev01h

    ReplyDelete