Thursday, December 17, 2015

What... that's no real Xmas


Not that we care much about religion and shopping on the Elephant Island - except a very few people perhaps, who celebrate some funny Cult of the Giant Seagull Return ...

Now, with the upcoming Holy Evening event, everything in the last weeks seemed business as usual: early special prize Xmas sales, people decorating their windows and balconies, all TV channels giving tons of tips for making cookies and cake and much reporting from the local Xmas bazaars.

Also the media marketing is like same procedure as every year. A few family friendly movies, a re-recycle of *TM-Wars* - I would guess, this time, it has over nine million CGI cloned robothings in it, and maybe some more bunnies with annoying voices; just ... yeah, MORE of everything a popular war story needs.

On the music market I noticed the same safe sales concept. Well-known chanteuse sings christmas classics, crossover rebel star-violinist fiddles christmas classics, 13 gregorian monks hummm christmas classics, and so on. OK, for people needing a gift.

But then it slowly dawned on me something was different to previous years. On Dec. 8th there has been this newsbit about John Lennon being shot by an obviously very religious man before the Dakota building. I recalled this other media event in October, when people met in NYC Central Park, on Lennon's 75th birthday, to build a huge human Peace sign, trying to make it a new world record in the Guinness Book. But peace as an ideal has become very untrendy and rather outdated, so the Peace Sign event failed its sporty goal.

At least by this I got a flash about what I was unknowingly missing: No lost tapes found on a dutch attic, no private recording snippets that could easily be hammered to a new rare song, no new Remix album, no new japanese vinyl pressing re-edition as Super Audio CD, not even a new Best of compilation of the very best?
In other words, a christmas season without any new, remotely Beatles-rooted stuff ... this cannot be true and I'm losing faith that Christmas Time does still exist.

Near to tears I went up the attic to cheer me up with raking around in my old vinyl collection ... aah, all those great covers from a time they deserved to be called "Cover-Art" in the credit lines. And suddenly, look what I found! This very unknown LP from an even more unknown band, but the cover looks very much like one of my favorites!

The tracklisting says:
Seagle Together - Someseagle - Maxwell's Silver Seagle - Oh! Seagling - Octoseagle's Garden -
I Want Seagle - She's So Heavy
Here Comes the Seagle - Becauseagle - You Never Give Me Your Seagle - Seagle King -
Mean Mr. Seagle - PolyseaglesPam - She Came In Through the Bathroom Seagle - Golden Seagles - Carry That Seagle - The Endseagle - Her Majeseagle

I was so excited to listen to all this and put it up here, but my record player died and I can't afford a new one :(
So, sorry fans, nothing Beatles, no Xmas this year.
I hope you can at least enjoy the cover ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment