Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Harry Whittier Frees

Wallpaper 1680 x 1050

Once I found this mysterious picture on the net, not knowing anything about the artist or when it was created. Thought it was some kind of Retro-Art, but I liked it for some reason so I made it wallpaper size and have used it in my desktop rotation for years. Whenever it showed on my screen I got curious again where it came from and thought I should find out more about it.
Now I came across the Museum Syndicate site and discovered this and more of the works of Harry Whittier Frees.


Also on the Internet Archive I found "The Little Folks of Animal Land" from 1915 - the book some of these photographs stem from. In case you want to read it, here's the direct link on google books.








Wallpaper 1680 x 1050

2 comments: