Sunday, October 21, 2012

Still Golden



One of the few but really amazing concerts I've seen in recent years has been Steve Hillage Band & Gong. I know them for quite a while now and since I got into playing guitar and synths, I especially liked the music of Steve Hillage and Miquette Giraudy. I would have loved to see them live back in the "Live Herald" days but somehow their gig dates never matched :(

It must have been in the mid 90's when I accidently read in an interview about a new Tony Banks album release, that Steve Hillage quit making music for producing in the studio - which left me a bit sad. A few years later I was googling around Hillage and Gong and it was a nice surprise to see that he and Miquette Giraudy are back into music again with their new project System 7.

In 2009 a friend called me if I would like to join visiting a Steve Hillage & Gong concert ... and I was like 'What ... really? ... Hell Yes!!!'

And the show was really awesome ... enjoy the photos.



 Daevid Allen



 Dave Sturt - Bass Guitar




Daevid Allen and Gilli Smyth

Miquette Giraudy

Miquette Giraudy and Steve Hillage










Miquette Giraudy and Chris Taylor on drums  (couldn't get a good snap of him for the whole gig)


Steve Hillage, Gilli Smyth and Theo Travis on flute in the background.








2 comments:

  1. Nice pics you made there :) I also adored Daevid Allen´s T-shirt "Nobody knows I´m a lesbian" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hello viti! Thx for your visit.

      Yes, Daevid Allen gave us a very nice show, sometimes funny, sometimes wise and besides that, impressively sporty.

      Delete